The following Departments constitute the Service
Admin and Supply
- Oversees appointments, and staff welfare.
- Supervises various commands, and in charge of general admin.
Investigation, Inspectorate and Enforcement (IIE)
- Inspects and ensures fire safety compliance in public buildings.
- Disaster management.
- Investigates causes of fires and other related hazards
Planning, Research, and Statistics (PRS)
- Policy formulation.
- Collects and collates fire statistics for planning and research.
- In charge of information, communication and technology.
- Carries out topography of allotted areas and jurisdiction.
- Effects rescues.
NATIONAL FIRE ACADEMY (NFA)
- Provides the training requirements for fire fighters, within the country and African sub-region.
- Formulates and develops fire safety curriculum for schools and the academy.
FINANCE and ACCOUNTS
- Prepares the personal budget.
- Administers fund and expenditures