Meet The Controller General
Dr. Liman Alhaji Ibrahim, the Controller General, Federal Fire Service was born to the family of Late Alh. Abdulrahman Ndabida, the 4th Imam of Baro in Agaie Local Government Area of Niger State.
Dr. Liman, who happens to be the Wazirin Baro is an erudite scholar who developed himself academically in the quest to attain this height. He started his primary education at L.E.A Primary School Baro from 1967-1973; from there he proceeded to Justice Fati-Lami Abubakar College of Art & Legal Studies, Minna from 1974 – 1979. He attended both the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University Zaria and Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi before obtaining a Masters Degree in Public Administration at the University of Calabar in 2006.
He also attended both Bournemouth University and Royal Institute of Public Administration (RIPA) in the United Kingdom.
Liman Ibrahim Alhaji, the Controller General, Federal Fire Service, who after his employment as one of the pioneer Cadet Fire Officers in Niger State, started his illustrious career in the Fire Service as a Station Officer on 24th February 1986.
Fire, Crises and Disaster Management Courses:-
Dr Liman, who after obtaining the mandatory Basic Fire Fighting Courses holds the following:-
- Advance Fire Certificate of Competency (ADFCC), Kano 2005.
- Nigeria National Disaster Management Courses No 6 Jaji Kaduna 2007.
- National Disaster/Crisis Management (Defence Hqtrs., Abuja) – 2007
- Malaysia Official Fire Protection and Rescue expo & Conference, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (FIREC 2008).
- Nigeria Executive Disaster Management Seminar, Calabar 2009.
- International Disaster Management Course, London 2010.
- Senior Nigerian Fire Officer’s Study Visit to UK Fire Training & Command Centre, London 2011.
- 2nd International Disaster Management Exhibition/Conference (IDME), Istanbul – Turkey.
Dubai (UAE) Study Tour of the Tallest Building in the World Burg-Khalifa, and other High –Rise Building.
Having the aforementioned, it would have been a standstill for an average person but for this epitome of intelligence, he picked up the call to pursue. This of course led him to bagging more certificates, though this time in management.
These certificates are but not limited to:
- Improved Policy Management & Public Service Delivery (ASCON), Badagry, Lagos.
- Advanced Personnel/Human Resources Management (ASCON) Badagry, Lagos.
- Advanced Econometric Modelling for Policy Analysis and Simulation – Centre for Management (CMD), Lagos.
- Leadership Certificate, Royal Institute of Public Administration (RIPA) London, UK.
- Institutional Development for Permanent Secretaries and Senior Executive Officers (RIPA) London, UK.
Liman Ibrahim is a fellow and member of many professional institutions which are but not limited to:-
- Fellow, Institute of Public Administration (FPA)
- Fellow, Institute of Corporate Administration (FCAI)
- Fellow, Institute of Registered Administrative Managers of Nigeria (F. inst AM).
- Fellow, Fire Protection Association of Nigeria
- Fellow, Institute of Leadership and Management
- Fellow, Institute of Disaster Management and Safety Service
- Member of the Institute of Fire Engineers UK (MIFireE)
- Member Rio de Janeiro Fire & Rescue Service, Brazil.
It may interest you to know the CGF, Dr Liman is all encompassing as he did not limit himself to bagging certificates but availed himself to service everywhere he finds himself and where the opportunity presents itself, which led him to having work and leadership experiences even from his supposed humble beginnings to the pinnacle. Worth mentioning, they include, but not limited to:
- HOD – Admin and Staff Welfare – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Training and Research – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Fire Prevention and Consultancy Service – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – Operations – Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- Member LGA Caretaker Committee, Agaie LGA
- Public Relation Officer Niger State Fire Service (NSFS)
- HOD – FCT Fire Service, Abuja.
- Director FCT Urban Affairs Department Abuja Metropolitan Management Council (AMMC) in charge of Disaster Management in the FCT.
- Controller – FCT Fire Service, Abuja.
- Assistant Controller General (Admin & Supply) – Federal Fire Service (FFS)
- Assistant Controller General (Planning, Regulatory & Inspectorate) – Federal Fire Service (FFS)
- Controller General Federal Fire Service, Abuja.
- Controller General, Federal Fire Service.
Dr. Liman is also a Member of many professional Institution such as:-
- Member, Warwickshire Fire and Rescue Service, U.K
- Member, NorthAmptonshire Fire and Rescue Service, U.K.
- Member, Institute of Fire Engineers, U.K.
- Member, Rio de Janeiro Fire Rescue, Brazil
- Liman was appointed the Pan-African Distinguished Award (PADA).
- Kwame Nkruma Exemplary Leadership Merit Award
He was appointed the Ag. Controller General Federal Fire Service on the 4th of March 2019. But before his appointment, he was the Head of the FCT Fire Service, which he nurtured from infancy and developed it to its enviable status. He later became its pioneer Controller and was later promoted as first Assistant Controller General. His appointment was transferred from FCT Fire Service to the Federal Fire Service in August 2015. When he resumed duty, he was posted to head the Administration and Supply Department of the Service.
In his capacity as the Head of the Administration Department, he worked very closely with the retired Controller General Engr. Anebi Joseph Garba in assisting him in policy formulation and implementation. It is open knowledge that the contributions of Liman Ibrahim Alhaji the Controller General assisted in the sterling performance of the immediate past Management team.
He was later posted to head the Policy Regulatory and Inspectorate Department (PRI), where he directed the affairs of the Department successfully until his appointment as the Ag. Controller General. Afterwards, he was confirmed by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, as the substantive Controller General of Federal Fire Service on the 26th of March, 2019.
Today we are witnessing a historic investiture of this paragon of knowledge who rose through the ranks to become the 3rd Controller General of the Federal Fire Service.
To produce Firefighters proficient in the prevention and mitigation of fire and other emergencies.
Federal Fire Service as first responder is available 24hrs 7days in a week to respond to distress calls from citizens.
We are providing professional development for the fire and rescue services in the Country.
The National Fire Academy in affiliation with Nigeria Defence Academy is providing post graduate studies.
Saving Lives and Property
Federal Fire Service is reducing fire outbreak through training of firefighters and deployment of new firefighting equipments and public enlightenment across the country.
The Federal Fire Service under the leadership of the Controller General is being re-positioned for effective service delivery
New Look of the Headquarters building of the Federal Fire Service.
Building Response Capacity
Commissioning of the new state of the arts fire fighting trucks by the Honourable Minister of Interior
Download FASAPP to report Emergency
FASAPP is an application for citizens to report fire and other emergency distress and get real time response from Federal Fire Service. Also get Fire Education and Mitigation Tips from Federal Fire Service to reduce fire outbreak to save lives and property.
National Fire Data Repository!
To ensure safety of lives and property by extinguishing, control and prevention of fire outbreak through Regulation, Training, Enforcement, Public Enlightenment Programmes and impact reduction during emergencies through adequate preparedness.
Phone : +2348032003557
Address: The Federal Fire Service Area 10, Garki- Abuja.